A Super Weekend
Tallahassee, FL : Colin Leak represented PRTC on the national level at the 2018 USATF XC Championships. Despite a lengthy absence from XC, Colin made the transition away from the roads with ease. He covered the 10k course in a very fast 30:55 good for 24th overall. Great racing Colin! Excellent start to the new year!
Collegeville, PA: Closer to home, a group of men traveled to Ursinus College to spend some time on the indoor track at the Frank Colden Invitational. Colin McGrath finished 2nd in the men’s mile. It was his indoor track debut and he marked it with a new lifetime PR of 4:23.36. Max Krall also competed in the mile and made his indoor track debut with a time of 5:00. In the 5k, Craig Eppler ran 17:04 good for 19th out of 36 entrants.
Allentown, PA: Mike & Margaret celebrated Super Bowl Sunday with the Super Bowl 10k. Mike placed 2nd (To Matt Gillette) with a 33:37 while Margaret took 1st overall female at 36:06.
To secure a place on our 2018 roster, please send a $50 check (made out to Philadelphia Runner Track Club) to Kevin Brandon at 822 N Pennock St; Philadelphia; PA; 19130.
- 2018 USATF registration paid for and handled by PRTC ($30 value)
- Discount at Philadelphia Runner (via new PRTC Member Cards)
- Consideration for elite entry to Broad Street & Philadelphia Marathon Weekend races
- Continued access to our private email lists
- Discounts for local races and team rates at fitness centers as available
- Inclusion on our website’s roster page
- Additional support (race entries/social events) as possible___________________________________________________________
Upcoming Runs, Events & Races
Tuesday: Franklin Field at 6:30 PM for track work. Email list to plan workout / confirm attendance
Sunday: Long Run 8:30 AM at Lloyd Hall
February 17th, 2018: Frostbite 5 Miler (Ambler, PA) * “USATF” for discount
March 17th, 2018: Haddonfield Adrenaline 5k (Haddonfield, NJ) *
March 24th, 2018: Back on My Feet 5-Miler (Philadelphia, PA) “PRTC18” for $20
March 24th, 2018: Annual Phillies Charities 5k (Philadelphia, PA)
March 25th, 2018: Love Run (Philadelphia, PA) “RUNNINGPHILLY” for $7 discount
April 7th, 2018: Hot Chocolate 15k/5k (Philadelphia, PA)
April 16th, 2018: Boston Marathon (Boston, MA)
April 22nd, 2018: Valley Forge Rev Run 5 Miler (Valley Forge, PA) *
April 26th, 2018: Penn Relays (Philadelphia, PA)
April 29th, 2018: The New Jersey Half & Full Marathon (Monmouth, NJ)
May 6th, 2018: Broad Street Run (Philadelphia, PA) *
June 2nd, 2018: Scott Coffee Run (Moorestown, NJ) *
* Denotes USATF Mid-Atlantic Grand Prix Event